It only takes a second to vote and help No Easy Props expand an after school Hip-Hop program teaching dance, art and music through Pepsi's Refresh Project. Vote Today!
* To engage the youth physically through Hip Hop dance
* To engage the youth artistically through creative Hip Hop art projects
* Expand Program from 20 existing residencies to 52 within Los Angeles
* Hire teachers from within the community, and pay them sustainable wage
* Supplicate the lack of music and arts programming due to budget cuts
Hip Hop 101 engages youth on their own terms through the popular culture of Hip Hop, motivating them physically through dance as well as artistically through the creation of wearable goods. The students will learn how to work together as a team to create a performance utilizing the dance moves they have learned, while wearing the clothing they created, culminating in a final performance for parents, peers and educators. Hip Hop 101 is currently operating at 20 sites within the Los Angeles Unified School District, and is one of the most requested after school programs. The “Hip Hop 101 Expansion Project” goal is to offer programming to much needed areas in Los Angeles whose education systems are no longer incorporating the arts and physical fitness into their basic curriculum due to severe state budget cuts, while employing skilled members of these very same communities to facilitate programming. The lasting effects will be a healthier, culturally sustainable community.